communicator for hire
I am a full-time freelance writer, editor, and science communicator and I’d love to work with you to tell your science stories. No matter what you need, I’m here to help take your science and #SciComm efforts to the next level. Here is a smattering of services that I offer. Inquire within for more details, rates, and availability.
My bread and butter is taking the latest science research and translating it into written content that anyone and everyone can understand, appreciate, and enjoy. [writing clips]
- Science news and other stories
- Blog posts, newsletters, and other web content
- Technical writing
- Video and podcast scripts
I’d love to give my feedback on any content you want to put in front of my eyeballs. Whether you need someone to check for typos, tell you if your manuscript makes any sense, make sure your tone is right for your audience, or just tell you whether your book is interesting, I’m your editor. And remember, editors aren’t just for “writers!” I’d be more than happy to read over your: scientific manuscript, CV, job application, cover letter, grant application, webpage, syllabus, course materials… [editing clips]
When’s the last time you updated your website? Or put your whole department to sleep during a talk? That’s what I thought. [video and audio clips]
- Basic web design: Let’s give your existing website a facelift, or get you started on a platform like Weebly or WordPress that you’ll be able to maintain yourself
- Presentations: Oh, if I could just get my hands on those PowerPoint slides you’ve been recycling in every talk and fix that typo on slide 4!
- Other: If you can dream it, we can do it
workshops and speaking
I’m also available for virtual and in-person (#vaccinated) engagements. Topics could span: Career options for science majors, SciComm for scientists, how to survive grad school, how to become a science writer, how to talk to the media, why tallgrass prairies are awesome, science and social media, and more.